Hello, and happy summer! We are so excited that camp has finally started. Our summer staff have spent the past three weeks preparing for the big moment that happened on Sunday.
The campers started arriving and camp was filled with the sounds of joyful laughter. Sunday involved our very first CLUB of summer 2016. Wooooooooh!!! Hearing all of the joyful noise being lifted up to the Lord is what we, as a staff, live for.
Every week of camp seems to fly by and we can hardly believe it is already Tuesday. Yesterday, was spent getting to know one another, playing silly games, climbing high towers, and learning new skills. Each tribe or huddle also got to sit down together and study the word of the Lord. Our theme this year is ‘Inside Out’ and each group is actively trying to memorize our memory verse for the week; 2 Corinthians 5:17. Ask your child when they get home if they know it yet. We’ve heard lots of kids reciting it in the dinning hall already.
We also want to take a moment to tell you all about the various social media platforms we have and how you can keep up to date on the happenings of camp.
1. Instagram. Everyday, at least once, a picture of the day is posted to let you see some of the fun, and exciting things our campers are doing while they are here.
2. Youtube. Ligonier is so excited to have a youtube channel, were we can post little videos every week so that you can see what your children see every week. Or get a glimpse into what you can look forward to if you are eagerly awaiting your week (or two!) at camp.
3. The Blog. Our blog will be updated twice a week for the whole summer. On Friday, our A-team members are taking turns writing a devotional about what they are seeing at camp and how the Lord is working through Ligonier this summer. We will also be posting on Tuesday, with an update on how our week has started and other various fun things.
4. Facebook. Facebook is a place where you can keep up to date on everything. Wondering how to find the blog, check Facebook. Want to see if we’ve uploaded any Youtube video’s? (subcribe!) Check Facebook! Want to see fun and exciting pictures from the week? You guessed it, check Facebook. Each week we will also be posting a Throwback Thursday picture on Facebook, so that we can look back on the history of camp and see what has changed and what has stayed the same.
5. Bunk 1. When you drop a camper off at camp, you will receive a piece of paper telling you all about how to log onto Bunk 1 and what it is. Bunk 1 is how we upload our photos every week. Check there to see hundreds of photos of our campers, and all of the exciting activities they are doing. Please know, that our staff work very hard to ensure every tribe and huddle is getting their picture taken. But there are only so many of us, and so so many campers. If you haven’t seen a picture of your child, its okay! We can only be in so many places at once but we are doing our best to ensure every tribe or huddle is getting their photo taken. Please have patience with us!
So that’s how you can keep in touch with us this summer. But we want to know from you. What have you liked so far? What haven’t you like? What would you like to see? Anything your children comes home raving about, and you want to hear more about it on the blog? We want our social media to be a place were parents, campers, and alumni alike can see how God is working at camp this summer. So let us know what you would like to see.
You can comment here to let us know what you think, or send us a message on Facebook. We look forward to hearing from you!